Music Engagement for Dementia Care
Starts: 15th November, 2017
A one-day, interactive, hands-on learning experience to highlight the role of music in building connections and fostering relationships.
Music is food for the soul. It opens the door for self-expression, choice, and belonging. The use of music engagement in dementia care enables people who are living with a cognitive disability to make genuine connections.
Music can provide comfort, emotional support and create a calming atmosphere but it can also create environments that encourage expression and creativity. Attend one of our Music Engagement workshops to gain an understanding of the role that music can play in addressing experiences of pain, loneliness, anxiety and unmet needs.
Workshop topics covered include:
- Benefits of engaging a person living with dementia through music
- Music engagement as part of everyday practice
- Simple practice guidelines to empower staff to make things happen
- Appraise barriers and devise possible strategies for success
- Discussions with families and colleagues to rebuild connections.
Learn from evidence-based research on how to improve support for people living with dementia. All attendees will receive a copy of the newly published best seller ‘Music Remembers Me’
9.00am – 4.30pm
Adina Apartment Hotel
89 Queen Street
Melbourne VIC 3000